These sweet and spicy tuna rolls are quick and easy but oh so yummy! Rolled up seaweed in or seaweed out, they make a great appetizer or a light lunch.
The kids are in swimming lessons on Friday nights. It was a great concept, in theory; end the week with lessons and a swim at the pool. My yobo joins us and swims with the kids. It sounds lovely. And it is, except that dinner still needs to be made, my yobo can’t always make it there and it is 6:30 when we get home! If I am organized, I have dinner planned before we go, but more often than not, I am throwing it together when we get home. This week’s throw together menu… sweet and spicy tuna rolls and zucchini pancakes!
“You are crazy!” you are thinking. No, really, they are that easy.
- 3 cups of cooked medium grain rice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 sheets of seaweed for sushi (nori)
- 1 can of tuna
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- sesame seeds to garnish
- Mix the sesame oil and the salt into the warm cooked rice
- Add the sweet chilli sauce to the drained tuna
- Place 3/4 c rice on the top 2/3 of the seaweed
- Spread out evenly
- Add 1/4 of the tuna mixture to the end of the rice
- Roll the rice/seaweed over the tuna to cover it - squeeze tightly
- Continue to roll
- Glue the end of the roll with a few grains of rice
- Squeeze, slice and enjoy with soy sauce!
Note: to make the ‘inside-out” rolls, you need 4 cups of rice and instructions for reverse rolling are here!