Deliciously steamed eggs with spinach make a easy side dish, or breakfast, or whole meal if that is the way you roll with eggs! 🙂
Have I mentioned we eat a lot of eggs in our house? We have a lot of chickens in our coop and they normally produce a lot of eggs, except for right now since they are molting and losing so many feathers that the run looks like they have a constant pillow fight! When they lose their feathers, they lose the energy to lay eggs, and we lose our abundant breakfast supply! Luckily this yummy recipe only needs 4.
What would an egg recipe be with out a picture of my cutie pie helping to collect the eggs?
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 c frozen spinach thawed (fresh would work too of course!)
- 4 eggs
- 1 green onion chopped
- Dash salt
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil
- Drain the spinach. If not totally drained, adjust chicken broth accordingly.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl then add spinach and onions and combine well
- Reduce the heat of the chicken broth to medium- low
- Add the egg mixture to the pot
- Stir until fully mixed
- Cover for 10-12 mins until most of the liquid has been absorbed
- Occasionally move the egg away from the edges of the pot to allow the broth to drain down
- Do not stir or else you will have scrambled eggs 🙂
- Remove cover for a minute or so. The texture should be like medium firm tofu
- Add sesame oil to the top (It adds a great flavour)
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions