I love Sundays! We get to sleep in, drink coffee and eat a slower paced breakfast, and make our way to church. We spend the day with family and at church and it is near dinner time when we get home. It is a lovely day, except for the last minute planning (you know, open the fridge, close the fridge, open it again in hopes some idea jumps out at you!) and the mad rush to make dinner once we are home. A quick way to ruin the tranquility of the day!
So now I turn on the rice cooker and the slow cooker before I head out the door, and let the appliances do the cooking! If only there was an appliance to clean the bathrooms! 🙂
- 1 1/2 pounds stewing beef
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cubed carrots
- 3 medium green onions, chopped
- Combine ingredients the in crock pot (except green onions).
- Cook in crockpot on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours (or until you are home).
- Serve with rice,
- Garnish with green onions.
Recipe adapted from sixsistersstuff.com
We even have time for some cute pictures of my kidlets in their Sunday best now!