Want a zucchini recipe that will knock your socks off? This tangy Asian inspired dish is it! Salty sweet with a little bit of heat and that unassuming vegetable is now the star of the show!
My older sister makes a fabulous version of this with beans but my family doesn’t prefer beans. Zucchini, on the other hand, is a popular vegetable in this house and I find a way to include it in most meals. Korean cooking utilizes zucchini as well, but this recipes takes it up a notch! Give it a try.
The time you need: 10 minutes
The things you need:
- 1 medium – large zucchini
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 sweet chili sauce
- red pepper flakes (optional)
The how to:
- slice the zucchini into medallions
- mix together in a bowl the soy sauce, brown sugar, sweet chili sauce and red pepper flakes
- heat up the oil in a wok
- saute the ginger and garlic until just browned
- add the zucchini and stir fry on medium to high heat for 3 or 4 minutes
- add the combined sauce and cover to coat, stir frying for another 1-2 minutes
- serve and garnish with sesame seeds
My brown pumpkins with green pumpkins.