If making sticky rice scares you, this easy tutorial will ease your fears. It is a step-by-step instruction that even a child can do.
The kids have been taking turns helping me cook. I find tasks for them like washing the vegetables, mixing things and fetching ingredients from the fridge. When I cook rice, they help me measure out the rice and the water. Kyah has been by rice sous chef for a while and today was her first time to make rice all by herself.
So here is Kyah, my almost 9 year old, with a guest post on how to make sticky Korean rice:
The things you need:
- 3 cups medium grain rice
- 3 cups of water
The how to:
- O.K. Take a normal plastic kids cup and take three cups of rice into the rice cooker bowl.
- Next you go to the sink and rinse the rice. Here is how you do it: you fill it with some water, you mix it with the rice and then you put your hand on the rice and let the water drain. It is fine if there is still a little bit water in the cooker.
- Then you add three cups of water to the rice.
- Dry the edges and the bottom of the cooker with a tea towel.
- Put the rice bowl into the rice cooker.
- Close the lid and press ‘white rice’ button.
- Now you can just sit back and relax!
It is as easy as that!