An ohhh so yummy Korean beef taco. Tender sweet Korean beef with a tangy Asian slaw and spicy gojuchang… you will be licking your plate looking for more!
I have been dreaming of these delicious Korean tacos and sunny California beaches since the weather turned and it has been wet windy here. I’ve never made it to Korea town in California but I hear they have the best Mexican Korean fusion. So while we save up airmiles to make a foodie trip to LA, I’ll just whip us these, crank up the heat and enjoy a little taste of it at home. Mind you, the cost of heating the house might be similar to the airfare… hmmm…. need to think this through! 🙂
If you have made this delectable Korean beef roast, these tacos are a great left over meal if you managed to wrestle any beef away from the family as they devoured it. It is also totally worth it to cook up a big beef roast just for this dish!
- Tortilla shells
- Cooked shredded Korean beef roast - see this recipe
- Go ju jang - Korean hot paste
- Shredded cabbage and sliced carrots (2 cups total)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp go ju garu (red pepper flakes)
- Spread desired amount of go ju jang on the middle of the taco
- Add shredded Korean beef
- Top with Asian slaw (drain for a second or else it will be too wet)
- Wrap it up and enjoy!
If you like Korean Mexican fusion, you need to try these recipes! If you are heading to California, you have to try Korean tacos… better yet, take me along and we can enjoy them together! 🙂