Here is a mouth watering recipe for pork steaks: a delectable marinade made with ginger, garlic and sesame on juicy, tender pork rib-eye steaks!
Pork steaks, or any steaks really, are not authentically Korean. I’m pretty sure my yobo never ate them growing up. Koreans usually enjoy their meat cut thin and grilled. But I had these beautiful steaks and I thought it would be a shame to slice them all up. So I marinated them in this yummy Korean inspired sauce and grilled them up! They were delicious! Give them a try!
The time you need:
- prep time: 5 mins marinating time: the longer the better cook time: 15 mins
The things you need:
- 1 lb pork rib-eye steaks (4-5 depending on size)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
The how to:
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl
- Marinade the steaks for up to 2 hours if you are organized. If you only have 15 minutes, that will do.
- Pre-heat the oven at 350F
- In an oven proof skillet, cook the steaks on medium high for 5 minutes each side
- Finish the steaks off in the oven for another 5-7 minutes
- Allow the steaks to rest while you finish setting the table and calling the crowd for dinner.
Note: these would be delicious bbq’ed!