There is nothing like home made hamburger patties! And with three easy ingredients, these make the yummiest burgers you have ever tasted!
Three ingredients? How can that be? While I am one who likes to make a marinade from scratch, I have a hard time passing up a good bargain when I see one. I found Kalbi sauce on for 50% off! I can’t even buy the soy sauce for that price! (50% off of $3.98 = $1.99! for 800ml)
So what is it? It is a Korean kalbi marinade sauce made with soy sauce, sugar, onion, garlic, ginger and sesame. So even though I don’t usually love to cook with pre-made sauces, I couldn’t pass up a good deal and with 5lbs of ground beef on sale as well, I took the easy route to yummy-ness.
What is the third ingredient you wonder? Green onions! Gotta love green onions!
The things you need: (a re-cap)
Yield: 24 large hamburger patties
- 3/4 of a jar of Kalbi sauce (about 500ml)
- 5 lbs of ground beef
- a bunch of green onions finely chopped
The how to:
- mix the sauce and green onions into the ground beef
- get in there with you bare hands and mix well
- form patties the of a baseball
- press onto a parchment paper lined pan
- fire up the BBQ and enjoy!
- or cover in plastic wrap and freeze for future goodness!
Sorry – no kid pictures. I try to be a good mama and have them help me in the kitchen but I don’t love having them play with raw meat. 🙁