This is the best pancake I have ever made! Full of green onions, vegetables and shrimp, this hae mul pa jeon has been crowned king of pancakes in our house!
The recipe makes one ginormous pancake which is how they are eaten in Korea. You can cut it up like a pizza or attack it with your chopsticks like my yobo does. Either way, it is yummy! The trick to making this especially delicious is to have enough hot oil in the pan to make the pancake crispy and serve it hot!
What you need:
- 1/2 c flour
- 2/3 c water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 green onions cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 c zucchini cut into half moons
- 1 red pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 eggs mixed
- 1/2 c seafood (I used shrimp)
The how to:
- blanch the seafood for a minute or so (this way the pancake doesn’t get too watery)
- combine the flour, water and salt to make the batter
- add the onions, zucchini and red pepper and mix it all together
- heat a fry pan on medium heat… add vegetable oil… allow the oil to get hot
- spread the pancake batter out evenly in the pan and add the seafood on top
- allow to cook for a few minutes then pour the egg on top of the pancake
- allow to cook for a few more minutes, then carefully flip it over (If you are not talented at this, as I am not, don’t worry, if it falls apart, just squish it back together)
- cook until browned on the other side
- serve HOT!
Kids crazy about Korean food!
Recipe from www.maangchi.com